The aim of the International Mark VII-IX Register is to foster interest in the Jaguar Mark VII, VIIM, VIII and IX models and to assist owners with technical advice on all aspects of using and maintaining these cars.
The idea of the Mark VII was conceived during the 1939-45 War by William Lyons and his team of brilliant engineers who designed the impressive XK engine specifically to give this car 100mph performance.
The Mark VII was introduced at the 1950 Motor Show and was built until 1954. It has a split front screen, 3.4 litre engine developing 160bhp and full rear wheel covers.
The Mark VIIM was made from 1954 to 1957. It also has the split screen, full rear wheel covers and the 3.4 litre engine but modified to give 190bhp.
The Mark VIII was produced (from 1956 to 1958) with a restyled body featuring a one piece curved front screen, cut-away rear wheel covers, a body dividing chromium strip (for two colour paint schemes), picnic trays for the rear passengers and utilised the 3.4 litre engine producing 190bhp.
The Mark IX introduced in 1958 used an almost identical body to that of the Mark VIII but featured a 3.8 litre engine producing 220bhp, disc brakes and power steering.
Although the Mark VII-IX cars were frequently used as limousines, the Mark VII in particular had an impressive sporting pedigree. Considerable success was achieved in Production Car racing from 1952 to 1956 and in international rallying. The Mark VIIM was the only Jaguar ever to win the prestigious Monte Carlo Rally in 1956, in the hands of Ronnie Adams.
The Register provides a number of weekend or mid week breaks designed to encourage more use of these spectacular cars coupled with a short tour programme, often including visits to notable places of interest.
Chairman: Alan Harris
Tel: 01743 885153. Mob. 07710 168957
News Correspondent: Ian Dunsire,
Spares Secretary: Simon Whitworth
Tel/Fax 00 44 (0) 1905 821569.